Last Updated January 15, 2019.
Securing your privacy is our priority. We value your privacy and take utmost care in safeguarding any personal data you provide us.
When we refer to “Budget Wayfarers”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, that means the Budget Wayfarers platform.
Who are we?
Budget Wayfarers is a 100% original user-generated content platform for travellers by travellers from across the globe. Our website address is www.budgetwayfarers.com. We help you plan a perfect budget holiday based on the recent experiences of other travellers. Find out more About us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you contact us through the Contact Us page, we collect your email id and name
We may use your personal data to conduct some marketing activities such as sending you relevant travel-related information (promotional emails) from time to time and updates related to the same. You may easily opt out of these marketing activities by opting to unsubscribe from an email campaign.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Using Budget Wayfarers on a mobile device
When you use the mobile version of our website, the processing of personal information you provide us happens the same way as when you use the regular (PC) website. However, in this case, additional information such as device, location information etc. might also be tracked when visiting our website using a mobile device. You may opt out of displaying your location simply by turning off the location on your mobile device.
What kind of data do we receive automatically?
When you view our website on your devices, we collect technical information. This includes:
- the type of device you are using (e.g. phone, computer, other)
- the version of the operating system running on the device;
- anonymous usage statistics and crash reporting data; and unique identifier details for your device such as the IP address (a unique number that identifies your computer whilst accessing the internet),
- IMEI number (a unique number that identifies your mobile phone), or advertising identifier (unique ID that enables us to show you ads that are targeted to you). However, unique identifiers are anonymised and we do not use this information to identify you as an individual.
We use this automatically gathered information about you to understand how our websites are used by our travel community and to ensure that any technical problems are reported to us. We use Google Analytics to gather and process this data.
Who we share your data with?
Your personal data will be shared with third parties under the scenarios mentioned below:
- Third Party Partners and Integration: We have business partners including tour aggregators, hotel booking partners, and e-commerce platforms. When you make a booking on any of these partners websites.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement agencies upon request from these bodies. This might be strictly necessary for detection, prevention, or prosecution of criminal acts or fraud or if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Social media: We have certain social media plugins including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest integrated into our website using which you can share and post things on these platforms. Commenting on blogs or writing reviews using third-party plugins such as Facebook and others will be available on our platform and visible for the public to view.
How long we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where ever we have used your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time subject to applicable law.
Where we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data?
We are committed to protect the personal information you provide us and take reasonable measures to prevent any misuse of the same. We prevent anyone from gaining unauthorized access to your personal data with us. Only authorized personnel in our team are permitted to access your personal information.